ACTS NEC 2018/19
ACTS NEC 2017/18
ACTS NEC 2016/17
THE RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
The NEC in consultation with the National Chaplain shall:
- Be responsible for the daily administration of ACTS
- Be responsible for the implementation of the programs of ACTS:
- Shall have authority to dismiss any member of the NEC who flouts protocol and absconds from his or her duties as set out in the code of conduct
- Have the authority to co-opt a full member to replace the dismissed member
THE COMPOSITION OF THE NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
THE NEC SHALL CONSIST OF:
- The President
- The Secretary-General
- The Treasurer General
- The Secretary for Media and Publicity
- All provincial Chairpersons
- The National Chaplain (Ex Officio)
THE RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIE OF THE NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COUNCIL
The President shall:
- Be a Chief Executive Officer of ACTS
- Represent ACTS in external affairs. Where is not possible the NEC will decide who will represent ACTS.
- Maintain regular contact with the executive members of the council, the provincial committees and the national youth office to ensure smooth running of the association.
- Deliver the presidential speech as a way of opening a conference
- In consultation with the National Chaplain and the executive committee have powers to take emergency decisions which are in the interest of ACTS.
- Be responsible for the application of principles, policies, and goals of ACTS
- Encourage strong Catholic identity amongst members and associate members
- Preside all meetings of the NEC and chair the Annual National Conference
- The president shall convene a meeting within two months of the conference
The Secretary-General shall:
- Be the Chief Administrative officer of ACTS
- Keep all records of ACTS
- With the President, be the custodians of all assets of ACTS
- Together with the President convene NEC meetings
- Together with the President and in consultation with the rest of the members of the council set the agenda thereof
- Co-ordinate the activities of NEC members at all levels
- Head the policy formulation department of ACTS
- Present a secretariat report on the activities of the association at the ACTS Annual National Conference
- In the event of the president not being there, be the Acting President
- Ensure a smooth transfer of all the records of ACTS to the next NEC
The Treasurer General shall:
- Be a Chief Financial Officer of ACTS under the supervision of the National Chaplain
- Be responsible for the initiation and coordination of fundraising activities of ACTS with the
- Projects Officer and the National Chaplain
- Ensure collected and spent money are properly accounted for and correctly recorded.
- Ensure a smooth transfer of all financial records to the NEC
- Present a budget annually in consultation with the NEC that is to be sent to the SACBC
- Present financial statements at the Annual National Conference.
The Secretary for Media and Publicity shall:
- Be the Chief Information Officer and be responsible for promoting ACTS in media-related activities internally and externally.
- See to the publications of ACTions under the supervision of the national office
- Ensure that the promotion, policies, and principles of ACTS are well reflected in the press and public.
- Present a secretariat report for media and publicity at the annual National Conference.
The Alumnae officer shall:
- Establish, encourage and maintain good relations between ACTS members and ACTS alumni
- Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive database of ACTS alumni at a given province or branch
- Keep alumni informed and connected to ACTS through comprehensive communication and social media
- Identify and assist members who did not complete their studies
- Together with the Chairperson, coordinate and facilitate activities/projects involving alumni as proposed by the PEC or BEC
The liturgy and evangelization officer shall:
- Ensure that members practice and incorporate their Catholic faith with their ACTions as the ACTS slogan suggests “faith in Action”
- Bring more understanding and insight as to why things are done the way they are done in the Catholic Church.
- Recruit (in conjunction with the PEC or BEC) people in a manner that supports and respects the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Oversee the bigger picture of the Catholic Liturgy at provincial and or branch level across the entire liturgical year, by inter alia, establishing policies on matters of worship and setting Goals for liturgical life of ACTS.
- Improve members’ spiritual life through reminders of different church celebrations, by among others, presenting a large number of Catholic Prayers such as Novenas, prayer sessions such as retreats and adoration
The academic officer shall:
- Ensure that ACTS is known to high school learners in communities as well as youth in parishes nearby
- Initiate programmes that seek to provide guidance to high school learners on their career choices
- Motivate tertiary students to excel and empower them through academic sessions and/or programmes
- Facilitate academic and/or mentorship programmes amongst tertiary students in groups of their academic programs and sharing of study materials
The social awareness and lifestyle officer:
- Coordinate the activities of the students in the struggle for social justice and be the voice of the voiceless based on societal dynamics that challenge Catholics as well as students at large.
- Initiate programmes that seek to equip students, more particularly first-year students, with skills necessary to assist them deal and cope well with challenges that the university throws at them.
- Encourage ACTS members to be part of the debates or dialogues concerning contemporary issues within the South African context, be it political, environmental, economic, and common social issues faced on an everyday basis, in light with the truth as seen in the Gospel
- Initiate programmes that seek to afford members a platform to engage critically on contemporary issues to try and find solutions as part of discerning to the “signs of time”
- Keep records of social or any event under the office events
The branch revival and synergy creation shall:
- Address issues/matters affecting the province or branch development.
- In conjunction with the social Awareness and lifestyle officer implement programmes that seek to keep the province or branch alive and contribute to its growth
- Promote cultural exchange with a view of building a dynamic and vibrant African personality in ACTS.
- Ensure that there is stability and sustainability in all ACTS branches at a given province
- In conjunction with the social awareness and lifestyle, officer unite all students at tertiary level around issues of common concern and address them in the light of the truth as seen in the Gospel.
- Monitor all ACTS branches at a given province through visits. Where not feasible because of geographical reasons, the officer may conduct a survey to monitor and track down progress of a branch.
- Evaluate the progress of each branch through branch reports
The projects officer shall:
- Ensure ACTS runs with activities which will not only benefit the association nut also make a positive change to the community it finds itself within.
- Establish community-based interaction-initiatives and coordinate, with relevant portfolios, provincial or branch events/programmes
- Facilitate and evaluate projects which run to add value to the local communities and the association at large.
The international relations officer
- Deal with issues pertaining to international relations
- Initiate programmes that seek to improve relationship between ACTS members a well as Catholics around Southern Africa, through the international Movement of Catholic Students (IMCS)